18 Jul cavities forming behind veneers
Porcelain veneers like e-max veneers should last for a long time with the right care and maintenance practices. Since you have made a good investment of your time and money on your veneers, it only makes sense that you keep it in good condition. This way, you can be sure that your porcelain veneers will last for years to come. Thus, it includes not just caring for the veneers but also the teeth right underneath your e-max veneers.
Cavities are one of the issues encountered by those who have porcelain veneers. Although the veneers are not likely to decay, your natural teeth are not prone to cavities. As a result, your teeth may end up deteriorating over time while impacting the lifespan and quality of your veneers. It is very important to always implement the right procedures and techniques that will keep your teeth clean, healthy, and cavity-free.
With this in mind, here are some of the things you can do to prevent such cavities from wreaking havoc to your precious porcelain veneers:
1. When sleeping, be sure to keep a mouthguard on to prevent damages. This is very important for those who tend to grind their teeth unconsciously. The same practice is applicable when participating in contact sports.
2. Minimize your alcohol intake to prevent the bonding agent in your veneers from eroding.
3. Stay away from abrasive toothpastes when cleaning your teeth and veneers.
4. Make flossing and brushing a regular practice, particularly in hard-to-reach areas surrounding your veneers.
5. Avoid chewing or biting hard food that can crack your teeth or cause damages to the porcelain veneers.
Most importantly, make it a part of your oral care practices to visit your dentist for a more thorough dental cleaning. This will keep your teeth and gums healthy while making sure your porcelain veneers remain in excellent condition.